Do your emotions ever work against you?
Do you want better relationships with other people?
Do you want tips for developing your emotional intelligence?
This course is for you if you are a:
- Student at university or college studying any degree or course, or
- New graduate seeking your first job after graduation, or
- Early career graduate wanting to grow or change jobs and careers
I'm David Shindler and welcome to Emotional Intelligence at Work. The course helps you to understand the basics of what underpins self-awareness, awareness of other people, and the implications for effective relationships at work.
- Appreciate why being emotionally intelligent is critical to your job and career success
- Recognise what high and low emotional intelligence look and sound like
- Discover ways to develop your emotional intelligence
The style is a blend of
- coaching and mentoring to guide your thinking
- inspirational stories to motivate and stimulate your insights, and
- proven, pragmatic tools and techniques backed by research to drive your actions.
I’ve saved you masses of time by preparing unique resources as well as curating the best of the Net just for you. You get a mix of
- short video presentation to inform and engage you
- quiz to reinforce your learning
- worksheets for you to apply your learning, and
- articles, videos, and free questionnaires to deepen your knowledge and understanding.
You also get an invitation to a private Facebook Group, where you can get the support and challenge of me and other course participants to help you as you work through the content.
The course is about personal development, not assessment. You learn at your own pace, when and where you want on any device.
My current work as a coach, consultant, speaker, and author ensures the course content is grounded in the reality of the world of work. You also gain access to my experience of developing people and organisations in a wide range of sectors over many years, and to the breadth and depth of my network of specialists and experts.
My goal is for you to walk away more impressed with yourself than with the course.
Are you ready to learn and make the leap with me to reach your goal?
Then click the Subscribe button at the top of the page to join the course now and I’ll see you there.
Welcome and Course Introduction
Emotional Intelligence at Work
Questionnaire: How Emotionally Intelligent Are You?
Questionnaire: Discover Your Level of EI
Video: Daniel Goleman introduces Emotional Intelligence
Article: How a Petition Cost a Young Group of Interns Their Jobs
Article: Think you can read people's emotions? Think again
Article: Why You Need Emotional Intelligence
Article: 4 Characteristics That Show You're Emotionally Intelligent
Article: 15 Signs You Are Emotionally Intelligent
Article: Emotional Intelligence - How to Get it!
Blog post: Emotional Intelligence - How to Deal With Tough Love
Blog post: How to Manage Your Emotions in the Job Search
Article: 7 Interview Questions That Determine Emotional Intelligence
Article: How to Answer Job Interview Question on a Bad Employer Experience