Do you want to learn how to learn in the workplace?
Do you want to know the mindset and practices that help you grow in your job and career?
Do you want digital tools that help you learn in ways that suit you?
If you do, you’ve come to the right place. This course is for you if you are a
- Student at university or college studying any degree or course, or
- New graduate seeking your first job after graduation, or
- Early career graduate wanting to grow or change jobs and careers
I’m David Shindler and welcome to Learning & Developing in the Workplace. This course helps you to meet an employer's expectation you have the ability to learn how to learn.
- Recognise the differences between learning for study and learning in work
- Appreciate what it takes to be a modern workplace learner
- Get online resources to help you learn how to learn in the modern world
The style is a blend of
- Coaching and mentoring to guide your thinking
- Inspirational stories to motivate and stimulate your insights, and
- Proven, pragmatic tools and techniques backed by research to drive your actions.
I’ve saved you masses of time by preparing unique resources as well as curating the best of the Net just for you. You get a mix of
- Short video presentation to inform and engage you
- Quiz to reinforce your learning
- Worksheet for you to apply your learning
- Videos, articles, and blogs to deepen your knowledge and understanding.
You also get an invitation to a closed Facebook Group, where you can get the support and challenge of me and other course participants to help you as you work through the content.
AND you get a digital completion certificate to automatically upload to your LinkedIn profile.
The course is about personal development, not assessment. You learn at your own pace, when and where you want on any device.
My current work as a coach, consultant, speaker and author ensures the course content is grounded in the reality of the world of work. You also gain access to my experience of developing people and organisations in a wide range of sectors over many years, and to the breadth and depth of my network of specialists and experts.
My goal is for you to walk away more impressed with yourself than with the course.
Are you ready to learn and make the leap with me to reach your goal?
Then click the Subscribe button now at the top of the page and I’ll see you there.
Welcome and Introduction
Learning & Developing in the Workplace
Questionnaire: What is Your Learnability Quotient?
Article: A Modern Professional Learner's Toolkit for 2018
Website: Directory of 1000 Learning & Performance Tools
Website: Materials on 6 Strategies for Effective Learning
Website: 50 Learning Skills
Video: 70-20-10 Model of Learning
Video: Learning How to Learn, TEDx
Article: Learning to Learn
Article: What are Personal Learning Networks?
Article: Your Brain Has A 'Delete Button' And Here's How To Use It!
Article: How to Learn New Things as an Adult
Article: 4 Things All Job-Seeking Millennials Need to Remember
Blog post: Learning How to Learn: the Degree v the Job
Blog post: Why Developing Yourself is a Matter of Life and Death
Blog post: Test and Learn to be a Game Changer