Are you fed up with other people telling you what you should be doing for job and career?
Do you want greater clarity of purpose in your working life?
Do you want to make a decision about your purpose and direction?
If you do, you’ve come to the right place. This course is for you if you are a
- Student at university or college studying any degree or course, or
- New graduate seeking your first job after graduation, or
- Early career graduate wanting to grow or change jobs and careers
I’m David Shindler and welcome to Discover Your Purpose. This course helps you to take back control from the pressure of other people's expectations when they ask you 'what do you want to do?'
- Recognise the opportunities that chance, choice and change present
- Appreciate the differences between a career, a vocation and a purpose
- Explore how to identify your sense of purpose so you can take control of your life
The style is a blend of
- Coaching and mentoring to guide your thinking
- Inspirational stories to motivate and stimulate your insights, and
- Proven, pragmatic tools and techniques backed by research to drive your actions.
I’ve saved you masses of time by preparing unique resources as well as curating the best of the Net just for you. You get a mix of
- Short video presentation to inform and engage you
- Quiz to reinforce your learning
- Worksheet for you to apply your learning
- Videos, articles, books, and free questionnaire to deepen your knowledge and understanding.
You also get an invitation to a closed Facebook Group, where you can get the support and challenge of me and other course participants to help you as you work through the content.
AND you get a digital completion certificate to automatically upload to your LinkedIn profile.
The course is about personal development, not assessment. You learn at your own pace, when and where you want on any device.
My current work as a coach, consultant, speaker and author ensures the course content is grounded in the reality of the world of work. You also gain access to my experience of developing people and organisations in a wide range of sectors over many years, and to the breadth and depth of my network of specialists and experts.
My goal is for you to walk away more impressed with yourself than with the course.
Are you ready to learn and make the leap with me to reach your goal?
Then click the Subscribe button now at the top of the page and I’ll see you there.
Welcome and Introduction
Discover Your Purpose
Questionnaire: What is Your Purpose at Work?
Video: Arthur Woods - What If We All Had Superpowers?
Video: Simon Sinek, Start With Why
Video: David Brooks, Grads - Be Good at Making Commitments
Podcast: David Shindler in conversation with Alexandra Galviz, Gentle Millennial Warrior
Blog Post: Purpose and Ethics - How to Choose the Employer Right for You
Article: The American Student who gave Cambodian children a chance to get clean
Article: How to Find Your Purpose and Put It On Paper
Article: Purpose Trumps Cash
Article: 7 Ways to Find Meaning at Work
Article: A Free Alternative to Graduate School
Worksheet: Meaningful Work (Brene Brown)
Book: Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning
Book: Ken Robinson, The Element